23 Oct Interested in AVID? Register for AVID in Action
AVID Australia uses an evidence-based, high-engagement teaching and learning framework to support underachieving students to reach their potential.
School leaders interested in finding out more about the AVID program are invited to join us at our Summer Institute Opening and network with current AVID teachers and principals over morning tea. Leaders will also have the opportunity to engage directly with AVID strategies to see them in action.
Summer Institute is our premier, national professional learning event that brings local and international expertise together in Melbourne, each year. Our AVID leaders and teachers are able to learn and practise evidence-based and high-engagement AVID teaching strategies in a three-day intensive immersion model – where the teacher learns by becoming the student.
99% of Summer Institute participants agree that they walk away with strategies they can immediately implement in their classrooms
AVID makes you ready for everything that is thrown at you, no matter what it is.
– AVID Student
AVID in Action -- Event details
- Date: Wednesday, 29 November 2017
- Venue: RMIT, Swanston St, Melbourne CBD, Building 80, Level 2, Room 7, 435-457 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- 8.45: Arrive
- 9.00-10.00: Opening Ceremony with international keynote speaker: Matt Coleman, Executive Director and Chief Academic Officer, Education Policy Improvement Centre (EPIC), University of Oregon.
- 10-10.30: Morning tea and networking
- 10.30-12.00: Information session and workshop
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at:
- +61 3 9919 7832