Finding your voice – Student Speaker Competition
AVID Australia is calling on all AVID students who have found their voice through AVID and want to share their story with the world.
We are running a Student Speaker Competition for the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Melbourne and deliver the student keynote speech at Summer Institute in front of over 500 teachers. Entries close 17 August 2018.
Finding your voice
Around the world, young people are finding their voices to drive social change. They often embody resilience, determination and motivation every day to achieve their goals.
Many have attributed their success to the support and preparation from their families, teachers, and schools. They acknowledge that their voices have power because they know how to use it.
In a video that’s no longer than 2 minutes, tell us how you found your voice. To enter, read the information on this page carefully, before clicking on the ‘Enter Now!’ button below.
Download the Student Speaker Competition (A3) poster and put it up around your school to help us spread the word.
Students will need to:
- Be a current student at an AVID School (you don’t need to be in the AVID Elective)
- Be in Year 6-12 at the time of entry
- Submit a video entry based on the task below
What will you win?
- The opportunity to deliver the student keynote speech at AVID’s Summer Institute (AVID’s national teacher training conference) in front of approximately 500 teachers from across Australia
- Return travel to Melbourne for you and a parent/guardian (if from outside Melbourne)
- Accommodation in Melbourne
The winner will need to:
- Commit to travelling to Melbourne for Summer Institute in December 2018
- Commit to developing your video into a speech to deliver at Summer Institute (maximum 5 minutes)
- Agree to feature in related media opportunities for the event
AVID will also select up to two runner-up entries to be featured online at Summer Institute 2018.