Seizing Opportunities – Student Speaker Competition
AVID Australia is calling on all AVID students to share their story about ‘seizing opportunities’ in the AVID Student Speaker Competition.
We are running a Student Speaker Competition for the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Melbourne and deliver the student keynote speech at Summer Institute in front of over 500 teachers. Entries close 30 August 2019.
Opportunities are like waves. To ride the perfect wave requires the right timing, positioning and skills. It can be hard to catch a wave but building your skills with practise and a growth mindset can ensure you are in position and ready to take off!
AVID makes sure you are fit to seize opportunities, and just like surfing a wave, it’s an exhilarating ride!
In a video, no longer than 2 minutes, tell us how you have seized opportunities in your life, with AVID’s support, to achieve your goals.
To enter, read the information on this page carefully, before clicking on the ‘Enter Now!’ button below.
Students will need to:
- Be a current student at an AVID School (you don’t need to be in the AVID Elective)
- Be in Year 6-12 at the time of entry
What will you win?
- The opportunity to deliver the student keynote speech at AVID’s Summer Institute (AVID’s national teacher training conference) in front of approximately 500 teachers from across Australia
- Return travel to Melbourne for you and a parent/guardian (if from outside Melbourne)
- Accommodation in Melbourne
The winner will need to:
- Commit to travelling to Melbourne for Summer Institute in November 2019
- Commit to developing your video into a speech to deliver at Summer Institute (maximum 5 minutes)
- Agree to feature in related media opportunities for the event