WORK AS AN AVID MONTHLY WRITER!
AVID Australia is seeking a suitably qualified content writer to develop high-quality curriculum materials for use by students and classroom teachers for AVID Monthly.
AVID Monthly is a series of lesson plans for K-10 students, modelled on the AVID Critical Reading Process that incorporate AVID high impact teaching strategies. Each lesson includes a prompt text and appropriate activities that guide teachers in exploring the text with students.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ROLE
- Part-time casual contract (12 months)
- Work from home
- Approximately 2.5 to 5 hours per week during the school year
- Access complimentary AVID professional learning
- Suitable role for a part-time educator, casual relief teacher, recent retiree or educator on parental leave
ROLE DESCRIPTION & EMPLOYMENT ARRANGEMENT
- The Role Description outlines major duties, required skills and qualifications.
- AVID Writers are employed as Casual Professional Staff by Victoria University and paid an hourly rate.
- To be contracted, staff must provide copies of qualifications, a tax declaration and evidence of their right to work in Australia.
AVID MONTHLY SAMPLER
- Interested? Take a look at our AVID Monthly Sampler.
- Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the Required and Desirable Skills and Qualifications listed in the Role Description by COB Tuesday 26 October to AVID.Australia@vu.edu.au
- Interviews with shortlisted applicants will take place in November. Applicants may be asked to undertake a short written task. Reference checks will be conducted.