How to access the Community Gatherings
10 – 11 am AEDT Thursday 2 December
Community Gathering Day 1 - Opening Ceremony
The Community Gathering on Day 1 marks the opening of the inaugural DigitalXP Australia.
Our featured speakers include:
- Adam Shoemaker, Vice-Chancellor of Victoria University, who will open DigitalXP and present the Acknowledgement of Country
- Claire Bugden, a Year 9 student from Loganlea State High School in QLD, will discuss how she has tackled the past two years, what it means to be an AVID student and her plans for the future.
- Professor Andrew Smallridge, Dean of First Year College, Victoria University, who will respond to Claire and explain how VU is building stronger, deeper partnerships between primary and secondary schools
- Claire Brown, National Director, AVID Australia, who will facilitate proceedings and join in the discussion.
Community Gathering Day 2 - Keynote Speaker
The Community Gathering on Day 2 features our Keynote Speaker, Jane Caro AM.
Jane is a Walkley Award winning Australian columnist, author, novelist, broadcaster, documentary maker, feminist and social commentator.
The AVID Australia team is here to help you get the most out of your DigitalXP experience.
Technical or other issues?
Email us at email@example.com
During DigitalXP, talk to an AVID staff member by joining our Zoom Help Desk.
The Zoom Help Desk is open:
- From 1 to 5 pm AEDT Tuesday 30 November
- From 8.30 am to 3.30 pm AEDT from 1 December to 3 December
- During all AVID 101 sessions.