AVID Australia Professional Learning Modules
What to Expect from AVID Professional Learning
- Staff participate in modules focused on learning AVID curriculum, adding high engagement teaching and learning strategies to individual teachers’ toolkits, and implementing AVID Schoolwide practices with consistency.
- Educators and support staff can experiment safely in professional learning sessions to customise AVID strategies specific to the needs of their students supported by colleagues and the AVID Coach.
- Participants engage in scholarly dialogue supported by evidence-informed research underpinning the AVID system.
- AVID educators share a common language to discuss teaching and learning ideas and can collaborate with other AVID colleagues locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Social and emotional learning and teacher and student wellbeing are central to each module, with a growing number of modules dedicated to this area.
- Most onsite modules are typically completed within two to three hours. Online modules are typically 90 minutes. Modules can be varied according to participants’ learning needs and time availability.
Structure of AVID’s Professional Learning System
AVID’s professional learning modules are central to AVID’s continuous professional learning system. The modules are constantly being revised and updated according to new research and learning from our schools. Each module can be customised to your school’s specific context. It can be overwhelming to try and read through so many modules, so a great way to get into this resource is to share it with your site team and do a jigsaw reading of what is on offer. A conversation with your AVID Coach can also help demystify how best to use your professional learning days to maximise your outcomes.
Use the filters below to find AVID Professional Learning Modules relevant to your school’s goals. Click on the titles for more information about each module.
A printable version of the full list with descriptions is available here.
Professional Learning Modules
Click on each Module title for more information.