AVID Australia DigitalXP is an all-new online professional learning experience, offered exclusively to AVID schools in Australia.
DigitalXP provides AVID schools with eight hours of synchronous eLearning and five and a half hours of semi-synchronous discussion forums, activities and online resources, with access to the eLearning environment and extensive DigitalXP materials for 12 months following the event.
All strategies, activities and tools introduced in DigitalXP Communities of Practice can be leveraged in on-site and virtual learning environments.
AVID Australia ElevateXP is an online professional learning experience, open to all educators across Australia, providing new strategies, tools, resources and support that amplify best practices.
At ElevateXP you will:
- Participate in 12 hours of exceptional professional learning delivered synchronously and semi-synchronously over two days
- Engage in deeper learning time, which includes focused learning with a facilitator, small-group learning with other participants, and/or individualised learning
- Be led by leading Australian teachers and U.S. experts who are trained and experienced facilitators of AVID
- Experience and practise high-engagement teaching strategies
- Learn how to establish engaging, rigorous classrooms that build community and a strong schoolwide culture
- Access extensive resources for 12 months
Summer Institute is a three-day professional learning event for AVID schools, held annually in late November or early December in Melbourne, when travel and event restrictions allow.
Summer Institute is where AVID educators experience the latest in AVID methodologies and strategies to successfully implement AVID in their context.
Participants attend one Strand for the three days, which provides an immersive learning experience; and take part in dedicated Site Team time where they meet with colleagues from their school to plan for the following year’s AVID implementation. Participants are also given opportunities to participate in other workshops at the end of days two and three.
Path Training is an optional, two-day immersion model of professional learning that allows educators to accelerate and deepen the AVID implementation at their school. The training can be customised for individual schools or developed to meet the needs of a school cluster or region in any state. Path Training can cater for educators who are new to AVID and for those who are looking to increase their AVID knowledge and skills. We have held Path Trainings in WA and NSW.
Primary Implementation Path Western Australia
Primary Implementation Path is a two-day professional learning program for educators who will be implementing AVID strategies and methodologies in Years K-6 classrooms. Participants will practise and discuss strategies, lessons, and activities focused on WICOR and student success skills in order to facilitate students’ access to rigorous content across all subject areas.
In addition, training will include opportunities to provide differentiated instruction to students to help develop a culture of student success, academic achievement, and tertiary and career awareness. Participants will also make connections with the AVID Primary Essentials of Instruction and Culture as they look at implementation both individually and as a site team.
Every year, each AVID school receives a minimum of two days of professional learning targeted at their specific needs. We have a catalogue of modules and a host of expert facilitators who help schools take the next step in their improvement journey. These training sessions are opportunities for teachers to:
- deepen their understanding of the AVID curriculum
- continuously build upon AVID strategies in a scaffolded and personalised way
- engage in opportunities of scholarly dialogue regarding the AVID system
- share ideas and collaborate with other AVID colleagues
- develop meaningful and effective professional learning communities within their school and beyond.