Use this IT checklist to prepare your computer and equipment setup for DigitalXP.
To get the most from DigitalXP, we encourage all participants to test their IT to minimise tech-hiccups during the interactive sessions.
Determine where you will be located when you participate in DigitalXP. Will you log in from home or your school site? We recommend a quiet space and that you use headphones and two screens if possible.
It is critical that you can access:
- AVID Australia Canvas
- avid.org and my.avid.org
- Google Suite including Google Docs
- Tools specific to your Community of Practice – Use the menu on the left to access your community’s requirements.
Your school’s firewall may block critical websites. If you will be participating in DigitalXP from your school, discuss the DigitalXP Technology Checklist with your school’s IT department, and ensure that you can access the listed domains. If you are unable to access one or more of the above links or are aware that you have restricted access to any of these sites, please take steps to get full access prior to DigitalXP.
Each Community of Practice is enhanced with additional, unique sites and tools.
Please click on your community name on the left to access technology requirements specific to that community.
- Please use Google Chrome or Firefox to access DigitalXP.
- Safari, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge are not compatible with all features of DigitalXP.
- iPad minis, Kindle or Galaxy tablets and smartphones are not compatible with DigitalXP.
- A Google account that can access shared documents and slides is required throughout DigitalXP.
- Visit this test document to ensure that you can access publicly shared documents.
- Visit Google and set up a personal Google account if required.
- Microphone and camera connected to the device
- Additional screen (optional)
- Use the internet speed test below to measure your connection speed.
- A Download speed of at least 3Mbps is required to access DigitalXP.