The health and safety of the AVID Australia community is the highest priority. Both AVID and VU are committed to protecting their community from the transmission of COVID-19 through a risk control framework. To this end, a formal COVID Safe Plan has been developed for the AVID Australia Summer Institute. We ask participants to take the time to read the COVID Safe Plan before attending Summer Institute.
It is essential that all event attendees, if they are feeling unwell and showing any signs of COVID-19 symptoms, do not attend Summer Institute.
- All persons attending Victoria University campuses and sites including participants are responsible for continually monitoring themselves for symptoms.
- Rapid Antigen (RA) Tests will be available from the event facilitators.
- If any person develops symptoms whilst at the event, they must immediately put a mask on and go home and get tested at home. RA Tests must not be completed on campus during event.
- Should a participant test positive during the event, they must alert event staff via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Distance and Masks
- Where physical distancing cannot or may not be maintained, we strongly recommend that participants wear a mask.
- AVID Australia event team will provide N95 and/or Surgical face masks to event attendees. These can be obtained from CoP facilitators on each day of the event.